It is useful to have someone assisting, but it is possible to put your corset on without help. Corsets are delivered laced up at the back with two long loops at the waist.
1. Loosen off the lacing then put the corset round you and fasten the front busk.
2. Do the top clasp first and the rest should follow.
3. Pull the loops gently then tighten the lacing progressively towards the middle from both top and bottom until you are happy with the fit. There should be a pleasant 'hugging' sensation, but you should still be comfortable.
4. To finish, tie the ends in a bow at back or front
5. DO NOT overtighten or you will damage your corset; corsets mould to the body after a short period and the material takes the strain evenly, then you can go a little tighter.
One last tip: if you are going to wear stockings and shoes with your corset, it is a good idea to put them on before tightening the laces, as most people are unused to the straight back a corset gives and find it hard to bend down.